Superintendent Message - Education Quality and School Improvement
It is very important that we provide high quality educational opportunities for our students and ensure that our schools are continually evolving and improving. We have various strategies and measures in place to evaluate our growth and one of the ways we measure our success is through the Alberta Education Accountability Survey that is completed by our students, parents and staff.
We are pleased to share the following results from the latest survey results with you:
What our students said:
• 91% of our students are satisfied with the overall education they are receiving
• 89% of our students feel the quality of teaching in their school is ‘good’ or ‘very good’
• 80% of our students are proud of their school
What our parents said:
• 86% of our parents are satisfied with the quality of education their child is receiving
• 85% of our parents are satisfied with the quality of teaching at their child’s school
• 81% of our parents feel the quality of education at their child’s school has maintained or improved
What our teachers said:
• 98% of our teachers are satisfied with the quality of education at their school
• 98% of our teachers are satisfied with the quality of teaching at their school
• 87% of our teachers say the quality of education at their school has maintained or improved
As an educational organization, the ‘School Improvement’ and ‘Education Quality’ measures are very important to us. It is vital that our schools are continually growing, improving and the quality of education our students receive is at its highest level.
Thank you to our students, staff, parents and school communities for your support and contributions that help us to improve and provide high quality education to our students. Also, thank you for responding to the Alberta Education survey. This important survey is issued every February and is another way for parents to be involved and inform decision making at a school and divisional level.
PRSD Superintendent of Schools